Sunday, July 12, 2009

Start Your Week Off Right: Oren Lavie

The internet (let alone the world) is a vast place, filled with beauty and oddity. Some of the things you find out there are just so incredible that they make you stop in your tracks. They make you sit back and say "Hmmm." They make you think, and they make you want to make something beautiful and incredible yourself. Thus, I give you my little homage to the incredible with Life is Phantasmagorical's first weekly segment. Here I'll show you some of the things that I've found that have stopped me in my tracks. Here, I'll give you a way to start your week off right with a little inspiration.

And so, for my first attempt at this whole inspiring blogger thing, I give you this amazing stop motion music video for Oren Lavie's Her Morning Elegance:


This video has it all, as far as I'm concerned. First, there's the song, which is quiet and simple with a haunting melody (Man, I can't even tell you how many times I found myself humming this one after I first heard it!). Then there's the film behind it, complementing the lyrics and perfectly matching the tone and tempo of Lavie's song. Plus, it has a sock fish, which is totally adorable and gets me every time. Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment